10 replies to this topic

#1 Jason Chapman

Jason Chapman

Godess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

Never thought I'd hear myself say this but the lastest Harry Potter film is absolutely PANTS. All the film went on about was lovey dovey stuff and a plot to kill the headmaster. There ws a bit that made me jump but that's because I was almost falling asleep. :friends:
There were no battles of wizards or anything. truly dismal.

#2 andy1960

andy1960

The Time Lord

• Members
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:48 PM

I took my daughter and grandson to see it on saturday
i see what you mean but it's the next and last film in the long and old saga
that you'll like best it has all the fighting of witches and wizards you'll ever want or need :friends:

#3 Kellyxx

Kellyxx

nutter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

View Postandy1960, on Jul 20 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

I took my daughter and grandson to see it on saturday
i see what you mean but it's the next and last film in the long and old saga
that you'll like best it has all the fighting of witches and wizards you'll ever want or need :friends:

ive never watched one lol is that bad>?

#4 andy1960

andy1960

The Time Lord

• Members
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

maybe you don't need to are you a little old witch :friends:

#5 JonoF

JonoF

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

Got this the other day but haven't got round to watching it yet. I'll probably just put it on in the background while I'm doing something else if it's that bad.

#6 HVenenosa

HVenenosa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

ones a potterhead always a potterhead :doh:

#7 kevincook

kevincook

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

harry potter movies are only for kids.

#8 Lizzie

Lizzie

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

A lot of Chinese kids are fascinate with Harry Potter. And parents allow them to read the book and watch the movies in order to learn English. I haven;t read the book. But one of my students said it had been a great help to his English learning.

#9 oolongcha

oolongcha

BUKF's Nightwatchman

• Best UK Moderators
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostLizzie, on 19 March 2012 - 03:13 AM, said:

A lot of Chinese kids are fascinate with Harry Potter. And parents allow them to read the book and watch the movies in order to learn English. I haven;t read the book. But one of my students said it had been a great help to his English learning.

I don't know about China, but in Taiwan there are two versions of Harry Potter books - the UK English version with which we're all familiar, but also the American version: believe it or not, the American version has been "translated" into American English. It's not particularly good, either, considering that some of the wordplay that JK Rowling uses relies on precise words; change the words, and the sentence is... odd.

#10 hollysurly

hollysurly

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

I love Harry Potter Movies .When I leave the theater wondering why on earth do directors change the story, it's more than troubling. There was no reason to alter the storyline. While feeling sadness over the deaths of important characters in the book.I was larboard artless by the movie. Too abundant time was spent in the action scenes which alone fabricated up a baby allotment of the absolute storyline. Disappointing and didn't admeasurement up to the best in the alternation which was Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. Sappy, over-hyped cessation to a admirable accumulating of books.

___________________________________________________________________________________

“You don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate.”

https://www.facebook.com/salliehayden

Edited by oolongcha, 04 June 2012 - 01:16 PM.
No advertising links allowed

#11 oolongcha

oolongcha

BUKF's Nightwatchman

• Best UK Moderators
  • 15,068 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

View Posthollysurly, on 04 June 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

[...]I was larboard artless by the movie. Too abundant time was spent in the action scenes which alone fabricated up a baby allotment of the absolute storyline. Disappointing and didn't admeasurement up to the best in the alternation which was Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire[...]
(my emphasis)

I realise there are words here that sound as if they should mean something... but appear not to Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users