272 replies to this topic

#1 Jats

Jats

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:07 PM

"...just a place for Random Stuff, if you can't find the right thread for it, stick it in here, we will be here, the Chameleon and me, with a few jokes, some tales, a smattering of poetry and philosophy, just random see, and where anything is possible..."

Posted Image

"...well now then, let the show begin, trifles of your reality, a mere glimpse, a reflection, and a few small steps on the journey..." begins the chameleon, waking still "...roll up, roll up and step into the mirror which reflects far better than any photograph can, time to play a different game that others will dare not to play even, not wanting to look too deeply, the deal with the devil being struck long ago, and for the rest make of it what you will, please take generously, for who can put a price on dreams..." and so it begins now as the chameleon waits to see who wins here by it

Posted Image

Edited by Jats, 22 December 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#2 Jats

Jats

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:35 PM

"...I hope you are all set for Christmas, or the holidays then..." as Jats breathes a sigh of relief now, all done here as he sits by his fire contented in his little cottage by the canal "...what a pallavah, glad that's all over and you can moan all you like about the unusual snow fall here in the UK, but I'm off to make a couple of sleds now, extra Christmas presents that will be remembered better than any other stuff..."

Posted Image

#3 Scorpio

Scorpio

• Best UK Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

:huh: Hi Jats

#4 Jats

Jats

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:05 PM

View PostScorpio, on Dec 22 2010, 04:23 PM, said:

:huh: Hi Jats

"...Hi Scorpio, my love match apparently, not that I believe in all that..." and then adds to clarify as some way to an introduction then "...now I can't be doing with religion, 'opiate of the masses', 'fodder for fools' etcetera, but I can understand spirituality, a connection with the earth the moon and the stars, and while I also think astrology has spawned into something akin to shopping TV, there is a glimmer of sense in the distant pagan history, for there is no denying the influence of the moon on all of us, the pull of the tides, the gateway to our wondering of the planets and the impact of the moons creation from that unique random event, that consequently reshaped and formed the earth we know of, resulting in, eventually, us, a constant visible reminder above our heads then, that we are all just Random Stuff..."

Posted Image

#5 Scorpio

Scorpio

• Best UK Moderators
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

Loving the pictures. Have you noticed our other random thread?

#6 Jats

Jats

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 05:47 PM

View PostScorpio, on Dec 22 2010, 05:35 PM, said:

Loving the pictures. Have you noticed our other random thread?

"...thanks, loads to come, but, we will see how it goes..." he smiles here as innocently as he can muster "...though shame you don't seem to do Video clips unless I am missing the right button at the moment, them all being similar, but slightly different elsewhere, and yes I did notice Random thoughts if that's the one you mean, tho while there are many of my thoughts here indeed, there is other stuff too, so, not quite the same I thought and anyway JATS is Synonymous with Random Stuff now, and obviously I am not responsible for everything that ends up in here, on this journey now then..."

Posted Image

#7 Scorpio

Scorpio

• Best UK Moderators
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:05 PM

Are you able to talk normally instead of in speech marks?

#8 orphadeus

orphadeus

Attraction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

I'm struggling to think of a pseudable thing to say.

#9 Jats

Jats

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

View PostScorpio, on Dec 22 2010, 06:05 PM, said:

Are you able to talk normally instead of in speech marks?

("...No, unless I am just chatting like this, though my favourite response still is this one...")

are you being sponsored by the comma?

Jats is still laughing at that question, even ten minutes later as I write this reply now "...I'm afraid it's the price of an English education, good grammar and pronunciation, you will get used to it, just one of those idiosyncrasies, one of forum lands simple bare necessities, but, there's a rhythm to it, so c'mon baggy... get with the beat..."

Posted Image

View Postorphadeus, on Dec 22 2010, 06:10 PM, said:

I'm struggling to think of a pseudable thing to say.

"...I will help you then..." responds Jats "...for this is Random Stuff anything will do...you know, I have met some remarkable people in my time and have to agree with Aristotle's claim that 'there is no great genius without a mixture of madness'. Many of his contemporaries as well as psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, and psychologists today agree with his statement and have argued that genius and madness are indeed linked to underlying degenerative neurological disorders. Amongst other notable studies, researchers at the Stanford University Medical Centre in 2002, ran a series of personality, temperament, and creativity tests to students studying creative or fine arts, design, and mechanical engineering. The test results showed that individuals in this group, were more likely to be moody and neurotic than a healthy control group. Moodiness and neuroticism were part of a group of characteristics these researchers used to identify mild, non-clinical forms of depression and bipolar disorder. So..." concludes the chameleon "... is there a danger of being too smart for your own good? Meanwhile, Jats is happily passing on his inferior wisdom, in the shadow and relative ignorance of such higher things, and has just again, showed the boys that little trick of gathering some toilet paper then wiping around the bowl, after they have been for a shite, and before washing their hands, then whatever, women will love them forever..."

Posted Image

Edited by Jats, 22 December 2010 - 06:36 PM.

#10 Scorpio

Scorpio

• Best UK Moderators
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

Fancy making an intro thread then Jats? Or maybe posting in a few other places? This forum is pretty big

#11 orphadeus

orphadeus

Attraction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:48 PM

View Postorphadeus, on Dec 22 2010, 06:44 PM, said:

I'm not sure about Aristotle's claim. I think it sometimes just looks like that. I think its quite common for someone less intelligent to think that someone acting intelligently is insane. A bit like a not particularly bright know it all riduling Kasparov for making a foolish move. I read someone writing of the very top scientists living like tramps. Presumably, if the comment was true, the rejection of consumerism and social sh*t was seen as being not intelligent.
Presumably it is deemed sane to pander to social heirarchy and the power of money. Hence, it often happens that people who are particularly intelligent 'are insane'?

Edited by orphadeus, 22 December 2010 - 06:50 PM.

#12 Scorpio

Scorpio

• Best UK Moderators
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Why are people quoting themselves now, and answering their own questions? :huh:

#13 Jats

Jats

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

View PostScorpio, on Dec 22 2010, 06:37 PM, said:

Fancy making an intro thread then Jats? Or maybe posting in a few other places? This forum is pretty big

"...Indeed it is, a dizzying array of threads, I will have a look around I'm sure, and the problem with welcome threads is you have to keep going back for more..." and then Jats adds more a little later having got the fire going in the meantime "...who cares who is quoting what if this is the content, for orphadeus, and I rarely say this in forum land, marvellous post, glad you managed it then, reminds me of...but I like crazy, here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes, the ones who see things differently, they're not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things...they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do..." and the chameleon steals a picture now to suit

Posted Image

#14 orphadeus

orphadeus

Attraction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

View PostScorpio, on Dec 22 2010, 06:50 PM, said:

Why are people quoting themselves now, and answering their own questions? :huh:
Its quite rare for me to make a whole and satisfactory (to me) comment in one. I'm not into astrology but if you are, being a Gemini might explain.

I just checked to see if Gemini and Scorpio are supposed to get on. I was meaning that in general. Theres some things attributed to Gemini which are not me.

Astrological Compatibility
Gemini with Scorpio

Gemini's imagination and Scorpio's enthusiasm would make a good combination if only these two were able to get along together. There is combustion in the bedroom, but they soon find out that sex isn't everything. Scorpio is sensual, passionate, demanding, jealous, inflexible. Gemini is fickle, flighty, superficial, lighthearted, changeable. Gemini is a social creature, Scorpio likes privacy. Scorpio's suspicious nature is in constant turmoil over Gemini's casual attitude about love. It won't be long before enough becomes too much.
More About GEMINI And SCORPIO

Adaptable, Versatile, Communicative, Witty, Intellectual, Eloquent, Youthful and Lively Determined, Forceful, Emotional, Intuitive, Powerful, Passionate, Exciting and Magnetic Nervous, Tense, Superficial, Inconsistent, Cunning and Inquisitive Jealous, Resentful, Compulsive, Obsessive, Secretive and Obstinate

Geminis are curious and intellectual by nature. They are forever exploring people and places in their quest to attain knowledge. Bright, witty and outgoing, the Gemini charm guarantees they will be the center of attention in any crowd. Matching their intellect is a well-developed imagination.

The duality of the Gemini personality can make it difficult to know just whom you are dealing with. They sometimes appear fickle, flighty and susceptible to whim. These traits often make it difficult for Geminis to finish much of what they start. The other side of their dual personalities is they have an innate ability to multi-task, which is good since their interests are many and varied.

The Gemini Intellect is the key to their being, and provides the foundation for their skills in the art of communicating. Geminis are not born leaders and will usually defer that position to another. However, their clear thinking and creativity allow them to contribute positively to any project. While Geminis love to talk, they also make for a great audience. Overall, their light spirit and interest in almost everything make them wonderful company. Intuitive and ever curious, Scorpios are the great investigators of the Zodiac. They want to know everything about everyone. When an answer is needed, a Scorpio will find it for you. Unfortunately Scorpios seem to see only in black and white. They always have their own agenda and never fail to promote it.

Scorpios are the masters of their fate. They know only one way to live: on their own terms. They do not live life but attack it. When life hands them a loss, they do not waste time sulking, but rather continue on their path, sure they will eventually succeed. Scorpios are driven by their intense passions and desires. Often they are seen as imperious.

Scorpios are a secretive lot. Those around them may never know the depth of their passions. Probing the Scorpio psyche will only make them leery and cause them to flee. Whether in business or play, Scorpios love to compete. Indeed to do well, they must have an opponent. Scorpios do not take slights well. If you cross them be assured they will retaliate with their full force. Scorpios never quit and never surrender. If anyone can get a difficult task done it is a Scorpio.

The Gemini In Love:

Geminis love intelligent conversation, so the way to the Geminian heart is through the head. The Geminian is best involved with a steadier, stronger personality who will tolerate and enjoy their butterfly socializing, yet still be there for them when the cards have all blown down. They are willing to experiment with all manner of relationship styles; and as long as their partner is articulate, tolerant, exciting, adventurous and willing to discuss their exploits in detail, they will be ecstatic.

Because Gemini is not above straying, they are rather divorce prone. However, typically they think the joys of an occasional adventure more than make up for the risks involved. Geminis are exciting companions who crave excitement and variety. They assume they will be able to easily smooth over troubled waters with their silver tongue--they are tolerant of the peccadilloes of their partners, so long as they are not stolid or boring.

The Scorpio In Love:

Scorpios have a dark and mysterious style which, combined with an irresistible personal magnetism, creates a fascination in members of the opposite sex. They ooze sexual excitement and require a partner who can keep up with their marvelous capacity for taking everything to the limit and far beyond. For Scorpios, emotions run deep, and their faculty of intuition is remarkably accurate, so their antennae can pick out a prospective partner at first sight. They need, however, to keep a part of themselves private and personal. They can react vigorously should a lover trespass in their personal domain.

Scorpios can be unduly domineering in personal relationships, especially should they perceive their partner to be weaker than themselves. Their biggest problem is finding someone who, while strong enough to maintain a tempestuous lifestyle, is interesting enough to remain a challenge. Once they find the right person they will mate for life.

Famous Gemini Include:

H.R.H. Philip (Duke of Edinburgh), Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, Bob Hope, John F Kennedy, Walt Whitman, Al Jolson, Bob Dylan, Thomas Hardy, Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Stravinsky, Confucius, Kirk Kerkorian and Paul McCartney

Famous Scorpians Include:

Marie Antoinette, Marie Curie, Martin Luther, Theodore Roosevelt, Bill Gates, Lorne Michaels, Picasso, William Penn, Christopher Columbus, Sally Field, Joni Mitchell, Mohammed, Prince Charles, Goldie Hawn, Roberto Goizueta, and Voltaire

Ideal Jobs Include:

Geminis are well-suited to be explorers, writers, merchants, translators, publicists or talk show hosts. Scorpions are well-suited for careers as doctors, investigators, ecologists, managers, engineers, navigators and secret agents.

Lucky Numbers Gemini:

3, 12, 21, 30, 48, 47

Lucky Numbers Scorpio:

8, 17, 26, 35, 44, 53

Planet Gemini: Mercury

Planet Scorpio: Pluto

#15 orphadeus

orphadeus

Attraction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

Multi task? I'm a faithful type.

Random stuff, random onto astrology. I think the 'information' in the cut and paste above is damaging to some, in particular it could be damaging to a Gemini/Scorpio couple who were otherwise a perfect match, should one of them believe it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users