• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 newBanksie

newBanksie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

Hi. Anyone tried amino acids to help with their hair loss? My cousin has been using euramin vital hair and is happy with the results so far (after 2 months). I've tried a few other things like caffeine shampoo but nothing has really worked yet. What are your experiences? I'll probably go on to the amino capsules if this Boot's retention lotion continues to not show an improvement. Thanks, FB

#2 Scorpio

Scorpio

• Best UK Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:30 PM

I know nothing about amino acids for hair loss but caffeine treatments are supposed to work very well with some people. Alpecin shampoo is one and the boots caffeine sprays is another and they are both apparently very good. I tried Alpecin but it stripped colour from my roots.

Whats the Boots retention lotion?

#3 Guest_aboutblank1976_*

Guest_aboutblank1976_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:57 PM

View PostScorpio, on Jan 3 2011, 07:30 PM, said:

If you put it on your feet you can't get your shoes off?

#4 murdock

murdock

Soldier of Fortune

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

View Postaboutblank1976, on Jan 4 2011, 07:57 PM, said:

brilliant

#5 JonoF

JonoF

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:06 PM

View Postmurdock, on Jan 4 2011, 08:16 PM, said:

View Postaboutblank1976, on Jan 4 2011, 07:57 PM, said:

brilliant

Inspired

#6 Rach227

Rach227

Cetacean lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

all I know of amino acids is the molecular stuff.... they make me healthy!! XD

#7 Scorpio

Scorpio

• Best UK Moderators
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Sorry to dampen the mood but this is a serious subject very often not taken seriously. To quote a hairloss website:

"Did you know that over 20 million women in the United States are suffering from some type of hair loss? About 40% of them are also under forty years old. The emotional aspects of hair loss range from anxiety and depression, to frustration and poor self-esteem".

I cant quickly find stats on hairloss in men but you know its much more common and accepted than women. So you get the idea.

#8 JonoF

JonoF

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

But wig's are much more accepted on women than men, so both genders get the arse-end one way or another.

You could always go down the route of Gordon Ramsey and get hair follicle replacement surgery if you have a spare £10,000 laying around.

#9 Scorpio

Scorpio

• Best UK Moderators
  • 5,711 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

Sure i guess its true that wigs are more accepted on women than men but with it being so common in men, how many would bother to get one?

Wigs on women are alot less accepted on women than you'd think. Its very common in hollywood and that should make it more acceptable but it hasnt really yet. Its also the norm for black women to wear them but its not for white women. I dont see why not though.

Hair transplants are expensive but they also dont always work.

But even if wigs were acceptable, that doesnt take away how it feels to lose your hair. I wasnt actually suggesting its worse for women, but just saying that its such a huge problem for both genders, more than some realise.

#10 sheldon

sheldon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:16 AM

Haha. I've been there. My dad was about bald and tried everything including if I remember an untra violet device. Nothing worked. In my youth, as I inherited his bald genes I also tried just about everything on the market and again, nothing worked. Got to the point that I really didn't care any more as it didn't seem to affect my bird pulling success which was all that I really cared about in those days. The only problem with lack of hair is the odd time that one walks into a garage door or something with no padding on top.

#11 alvina mathew

alvina mathew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:21 AM

how???

#12 mrmackem

mrmackem

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

OMG what the hell has happened to us men. Look at us sitting here moaning about hair loss. Boo Hoo I'm going bald. Well shave it all of then or grow a comb over or something.

I started going grey at 19 and started thining from 22. I bic it. God it's only hair for gods sake. My hair has never affected my self esteam. I really don't understand it. It happens to most of us fellas sooner or later anyway.

#13 peaches

peaches

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:17 AM

You can get hair loss vouchers on groupon, for like lazer therapy or the shampoos & stuff.

A receding hair line is attractive, but a patch on top is not. In my humble opinion...

you can get packs in Boots as well, but I personally think the world has gone to shit when guys start to use special shampoos :doh:

#14 smithjons

smithjons

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

Hi, I used Alpecin After Shampoo Liquid that prevents hair loss without any undesirable side effects. Try it for once a day, it will take just a small effort to ensure that the caffeine-based ingredient combination protects you from hair loss.

Edited by smithjons, 05 June 2012 - 02:42 PM.

#15 marieluy143

marieluy143

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

TS, you can always try using natural products like aloe vera, coconut oil, saw palmetto and other known hair loss treatments.

Edited by oolongcha, 12 July 2012 - 03:51 PM.
no advertising

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users